Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tequila Lime Chicken & Grilled Corn Salad


If you know me, you know my love of tequila. It's a new love. I love tequila and tonics especially. Haha. But when I saw this recipe from the wonderful Pioneer Woman, I knew that I had to try it. I actually printed the recipe out at work and I think one of my co-workers saw it at the printer (or maybe she saw the update on PW's blog) but she told me that she was trying the recipe too. So my friend made the chicken before me and she told me that it was fabulous.

I knew it would have to be good after bathing in a marinade of tequila, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro!

My husband was kind enough to make the grilled corn salad during the day. I LOVE this salad. I had three helpings and didn't feel guilty because it's full of yummy vegetables. Grilled corn, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno... mmmmmmmmmm. I've made this often but I decided that we're going to make this again and again and again this summer- all of the vegetables are farmer's market staples.



So the verdict is that the chicken was very good. The tequila was very prominent which is a good thing :) I made this recipe this week because I was planning on making this for a dinner party next week. I like it but I decided that it wouldn't taste right in the way that I had planned- cut into strips on a salad of greens, avocado, tortilla strips, pico de gallo, etc. Oh well. We have a great way to use up my tequila so I don't just drink it all!

No comments: