Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30

I am a Farmer's Market addict, or maybe just a fan. I went to another city's market yesterday and bought some great vegetables (garlic, red onions, broccoli, zucchini), and today I found some different things that I wanted at my local market- basil, cilantro, and bread. Mmmm sweet bread.


I made more pesto with the basil, supplementing my own little harvest. And I added the cilantro to my Roasted Corn Salad for tonight's dinner.

The bread I'm saving for tomorrow for sweet toast or maybe french toast again. Mmm. It has maple, cranberries, walnuts, and raisins. It's a local bakery that I have never heard of. He said that he sold 75 loaves in the first hour of the market, and he was calling the bakery to have them bring over more bread. I have to check out the bakery! I guess they have homemade soups too. Soup and bread? I'm so there!!

No comments: