Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creamy Taco Mac


I'm pretty sure that one of the first things I ever cooked was Hamburger Helper. I had a working Mom and ocasionally she would ask for our help with cooking dinner. She would make things easy for us and leave us the defrosted meat/chicken and the meal box on the counter. I think my favorite Hamburger Helper was the lasagna flavored one. When I saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Annie's Eats, and then I kept seeing it repeated on other cooking blogs I knew that I would need to give it a try.

My husband actually tackled the recipe first, but his version was flawed. I say that because I forgot to buy a few ingredients and so it didn't turn out the way it should have, we think. So I gave this recipe another try tonight and I made sure we had all of the right ingredients this time.

It was good! It was a little strong on the "taco" flavor, but my husband liked it topped with a little more sour cream to make it creamier. Actually, I think he just likes sour cream :)

This was an easy recipe that I think would be kid friendly, that is if my kid ate new foods!

Click here for stolen recipe for Creamy Taco Mac.

No comments: