Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tangy Pork with Tomatillos, Tomatoes, and Cilantro


I LOVE this pork dish. My husband? Not so much. He thinks it's the cumin but he's grown to love cumin and spice, so I think maybe the tomatillos? Or maybe he's just so used to saying that he doesn't love it that he doesn't love it. I think that's it.


It's not at all spicy but it's kind of smoky and sweet at the same time. I just love tomatillos! I wonder if I can ever find any fresh ones at farmer's markets? Well anyway, this reminds me of a dish that my Mom used to make for us when we were young. I don't think her version had the cherry tomatoes, and I think it was spicy?


I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine waaaaaaay back. I found the recipe online, of course, because it's a great recipe.

No comments: