Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday's dinner




Red Wine Balsamic Grilled Chicken, French Mashed Potatoes, and grilled asparagus with olive oil, garlic and sea salt.

The chicken was very flavorful! It should have been- it marinated for the entire day in a wonderful smelling blend of vinegars, thyme, garlic, orange juice, and honey; then I grilled it on my grill pan. As I ate the chicken I kept thinking it would be great tasting even cold on a salad later in the week. I made plenty of extra chicken, thinking they could be my dinner when hubby is out of town.

The mashed potatoes were the creamiest I've ever had- with lots of melty cheese and just enough garlic and butter. They were made mostly in my food processor. I think I would make half the recipe next time- we are left with way too many potatoes for two people! Or maybe we should invite guests next time? :)

The asparagus was made in my favorite way- tossed with olive oil, garlic, and sea salt and then grilled quickly on my grill pan. Man, I love my grill pan! {Constance, get a grill pan!)

Click here for the stolen recipe for Red Wine Balsamic Grilled Chicken.
Click here for the stolen recipe for Aligot (French Mashed Potatoes).

No comments: