Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ginger Ale

We've enjoyed great homemade tasting ginger ale at one of our favorite restaurants Big Bowl (Asian/Thai). Ginger ale from the grocery store- Canada Dry, etc.- just doesn't taste the same. We found a recipe online for home brewed ginger ale using yeast, grated ginger, sugar, water, and lemon juice.

Wow! My husband did good! I didn't have a part in this recipe so really and truly this is all stolen! I am just enjoying the beverage :)


Jim needed to strain the ginger ale from the bottle to keep the ginger and yeast residue from our glasses.


It was a fairly easy process (I heard) and my husband just couldn't wait for it to be done. It needed to sit for 24-48 hours to carbonate or ferment, or whatever it did.

Click here for the stolen recipe for ginger ale!

No comments: