Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Buttermilk pancakes

I made this simple recipe into pancake balls for my little boy but it's the best and simplest of all of the pancake recipes I've made. I've been making double batches and making tons of pancake balls at a time because they freeze well.


These were filled with chocolate chips!



I'm not able to find the recipe online but it came from my Better Homes and Gardens "New Baking Book", 1998.


1 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 Tbsp lemon juice and enough milk to make 1 cup, let sit for 5 minutes before using)
2 Tbsp cooking oil

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet to dry, stir just until moistened.

Cook pancakes as you would normally.

I made a fancier recipe not that long ago and we agreed this simple one was better- fluffy, tastier. Good ol' Better Homes and Gardens :)

No comments: