Saturday, April 3, 2010

Carrot Cake


Mmmm. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is one of my favorites. I knew that I would make carrot cake for Easter and I knew I'd bring out Baking Illustrated for the perfect recipe. My sister gave me this book for my birthday and I love it. I need to use it- often!

I turned the cake into cupcakes and then decorated for Easter. The cream cheese frosting was a disappointment (lumpy) but I didn't follow the recipe exactly, not making it in a food processor but with my stand up mixer. I added coconut that I dyed green to look like Easter grass and a Peep sits on top. The cupcake baskets I found at Michael's. This all just came together, I didn't know I'd use the Peeps, I didn't know about the coconut grass until a few days ago after I bought the cupcake baskets.

All this work just for a couple of guests but I love it. I love to bake and follow recipes!

Click here for the stolen recipe. I did follow the recipe in my cookbook but if figures that one of blogger greats also tried the recipe!

No comments: