Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easy Week



I have proclaimed today the start of Easy Week. I do like to cook but I made my weekly menu so that I don't have a whole lot of that this week. Sometimes it's just nice to relax and not fuss.

Tonight we had brownie sundaes to celebrate Easy Week. Okay, I did. I bought Ghiradelli brownie mix, Vanilla Bean ice cream, and hot fudge sauce. It was delicious and I didn't make ANY of it homemade. That sundae does end the desserts for the week. I also need a break from those!

The only recipe I'll be making is trying to make homemade ginger ale. We have all of the ingredients, we are anxious to try!
  • Sunday- Rotisserie chicken, Annie's Mac n cheese, salad
  • Monday- French dip sandwiches (whole wheat hoagies, deli sliced roast beef, provolone cheese- broiled for a few minutes), Au jus, and broccoli slaw
  • Tuesday- No dinner planned! My husband goes to his pool league and maybe we'll just have PB&J for dinner :)
  • Wednesday- Salad for dinner! (salad greens, red onion, orange bell pepper, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, blue cheese, bacon?)
  • Thursday- No dinner planned! My husband has a work happy hour and I have a late day at work too. I'm planning on making breakfast for dinner for myself and my son. He loves his pancakes so he won't have a problem with this.
  • Friday- Spaghetti (jarred sauce with added green bell pepper and ground turkey), multigrain dinner rolls, salad
  • Saturday- My husband wants to grill some steaks, the rest we'll plan that morning.

No comments: