Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream

 

I wasn't sure these would turn out. My husband did declare them "very good" though!

It was the most unusual cake batter. It was runny one moment, as I prepared the cupcake pans, and then suddenly the flour was absorbed by the liquid and it was scoop-able.

The coconut flour was so fragrant! I could sniff it all day! I've never made anything with coconut or almond flour. This was a good experience for me.

I needed to experiment with this recipe before I make them for a wedding shower this weekend. The bride-to-be is gluten free. I read a bit about gluten free baking and I think I was very careful with NOT cross-contaminating my ingredients and bakeware.

So how did they taste? VERY MOIST. I think the coconut really came through too, which wasn't mentioned in the recipe. They were also pretty sweet, so it was amazing that there is no sugar in this recipe, but honey. A natural sweetener, I suppose!

So I do think these will work out for the shower. I'm hoping to make some candied lemon peels for a garnish and pipe the buttercream prettily. I just slathered the frosting tonight due to a long work day.

 

 

 

Click here for the stolen recipe for Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes.

 

No comments: