Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chocolate Angel Food Cake

I used to make a chocolate angel food cake, way back before I really knew how to cook or bake. (Yes, those were the days! Anything over a few ingredients seemed intimidating back then!)

I haven't made an angel food cake for a long, long time. I remembered it was a Cooking Light recipe and thought it might fit in okay with my diet.

Yay, it does!

This cake was light and fluffy, and just chocolate-y enough to satisfy my little one. He ate his "plain" and very, very quickly!

The recipe made enough for this bundt pan (a springform one, which I was grateful for because it didn't stick much) and it also made four mini bundts. Those will be perfect for freezing and taking out for James' treats.

In case you wondered, each piece (approximately 12 total) is 120 calories. Pretty good for cake!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Chocolate Angel Food Cake.

 

No comments: