Friday, April 9, 2010

Tuna and Artichoke Pasta Salad

Man, I can't rotate this picture to save my life. I don't know what's up with it!

Well, this is the Tuna Artichoke Pasta Salad that I make ahead when it's a hot day or I don't feel like cooking. It comes from a Cooking Light cookbook and I'm so glad I found it!

I've typed the recipe as I found it so many years ago but I tweak it to my liking whenever I make it. Some of my changes: I add more lemon juice and tuna. I also use whole wheat pasta or pasta with added protein. Oh, and I also use bottled ginger- actually a tube. We tend to use a lot of it in various recipes.



Tuna and Artichoke Pasta Salad

2 t. grated lemon rind
3 T fresh lemon juice
3 T olive oil
1 T peeled, minced gingerroot
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (8 oz.)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
1- 6 oz can albacore tuna, drained
1- 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta and remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.

No comments: