Saturday, August 20, 2011

Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce

with Roasted Brussel Sprouts and white rice.



I love love Coconut anything. This was a pretty simple recipe, making a crumb mixture and dipping the chicken in first some beaten eggs and then the crumbs. Bake for 40 minutes and you're done! The apricot sauce I needed to revise a bit- the amount of Dijon mustard was overpowering so I did add a bunch more apricot preserves than the recipe states.

Brussel sprouts have been looking fantastic at the grocery store so I picked up a pound of those without a plan. I quickly looked up how to roast them (I've done it before, but couldn't quite remember) and luckily it was at the same oven temperature as the chicken. I love when things work out like that :)

We would make this Coconut Chicken again. We actually will do that soon since I still have plenty of apricot preserves left! I also told my husband that this is a good recipe for him to make on a day when he's available to start cooking. (Usually our weekday meals, when I'm working, are 30 minute meals. This takes a bit longer than that with the prep and cooking time.)

No comments: