Sunday, February 27, 2011

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

This is getting its own post even though it was made for another part of a recipe. I'm making taquitos tonight and this salsa will be mixed with chicken and cream cheese for a taco filling.

The recipe is from a food blogger but the real credit goes to Rick Bayless, a famous Mexican food cook. I have one of his cookbooks (from my favorite big sis Ana) that I should use more often.

I love me some tomatillo salsa so I was happy to try a homemade salsa, something I haven't done ever with tomatillos. I think I went a little heavy with the lime juice but it's gooooood. The salsa was still warm from the roasted jalapenos and tomatillos and I made myself a little chips and salsa snack :) :) :) :)



Click here for the stolen recipe for Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.

No comments: