Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cake (aka I Love You Cake)

I made cupcakes for giggles. I used a small part of the batter to make a small cake for the family. I knew James would get excited by the chocolate frosting and sprinkles.

(There's a small piece of the cake missing because James and I had "just one bite" a little earlier.)


Cake makes James happy!


The cake is Martha's Chocolate Chip Cake. The white cake is fluffy and sweet. The recipe asks for whipped egg whites to be folded into the cake batter, making the batter very light. Light as in fluffy, not low fat :)

The frosting is the recipe from the back of the Hershey's cocoa tin. It all went very well together.



Click here for the stolen recipe for Martha's Chocolate Chip Cake. Okay, so you can't click on the link. I can't find the recipe online. I will post it some other time. The recipe is from Martha's Cupcakes book.

No comments: