Saturday, February 26, 2011

Orange Chipotle Chicken


I thought this was a great recipe. It required a few ingredients that I didn't have on hand (pure maple syrup, orange juice and zest) but a few that I had handy. Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are handy. Usually you just use one chile from a whole can, so I usually freeze them in individual baggies, and then collected in a freezer ziploc bag. I pull them out as I need them. I'm so economical :)
It came together really quickly and it was full of flavor. I've made recipes before that have been tasteless. This one was definitely flavorful. The sauce looks a little dark but it's smoky and deep. Love it.
AND this is a "clean" recipe. Clean eating is a concept that I've heard of lots of times but I have a friend at work that is a clean eater and so I thought of her when I was making this one.

No comments: