Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and sides

We really enjoyed these shrimp. I think next time I would add a bit more red pepper flakes. I didn't taste the spice in this, just the yummy butter, lemon and garlic goodness. That Pioneer Woman and her butter. Seriously. This was a lot of butter. BUT I think I do need to follow her suggestion next time and get some great crusty bread to soak up all the extra drippings.





We are recent shrimp converts. No more precooked frozen shrimp for this family. I am now comfortable with uncooked (fresh) frozen shrimp. These shrimp even had the shells on them! It makes for a messy meal but Jim agreed it was worth it.


We made half the recipe.


The sides were leftover mashed potatoes and cauliflower soup with bacon bits and cheddar cheese. You know how some foods just go together? Like you should have a vegetable, a protein, and a starch? I didn't think these were perfect together but we were using up our fresh vegetables and leftovers in the refrigerator. We are economical :)



Click here for the stolen recipe for Pioneer Woman's Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp.

No comments: