Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Refrigerator Pickles with Jalapenos & Garlic



Last week's farm box had several cucumbers, more than I knew I would chop for salads. I did a quick google search for easy pickles and I found this recipe. I think it's a prety quick, basic recipe. It doesn't involve an official canning process- I made the brine like liquid and put everything in a very large ziploc bag for several days. I actually forgot about them, pickling away in the bottom of my vegetable crisper until today. I tried one and they were good! Spicy even! My addition of jalapenos, garlic, and red pepper flakes really made a difference.

I put them in small canning jars so I can give some to my sister and maybe my Mom if I see her soon. I plan on snacking on them whenever possible :)

You can see that I cut some spears but also some rounds. I wasn't sure what I would use them for so I did several different cuts.



No comments: