Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies

My husband has been making noises about wanting chocolate chip cookies. I hope he will be happy with these cookies, something **I** have been craving. Oatmeal. Yum. And craisins because I have a super sized bag from Sam's Club to use up some time soon. (I use a lot of craisins in my steel cut oatmeal but I'm uncomfortable with keeping this bag around TOO long.)

This recipe is just a recipe that I googled but she says that it's from the inside of the Quaker canister. I figured it would be a pretty basic, comfort-food type of recipe. Yup! Chewy oatmeal cookies with some sweetness and tart fruit. Deeeeeeelicious.

I made the mistake of calling them Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies to my son. He is a purist. Didn't want to try them because of the oatmeal. I even made two cookies without craisins so he wouldn't pick those out. He took one tiny bite and declared them "too crunchy". And they're not! He tasted one tiny bit of edge that was slightly crunchy. Silly kid.

I feel sad thinking he'll never try some of the sweets that I make!

I made half of a batch of cookies, which was about 18 cookies. This is less than the recipe states, so I figured I might have eaten a few cookies worth of dough! JK. I think I made them bigger than I was supposed to?

Click here for the stolen recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies.

 

No comments: