Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More Roasted Chickens

I'm still consulting my Kitchen Counter Cooking School book for roasted chicken ideas. It is just lovely to roast a chicken, feed my family a dinner, and then have leftovers for freezing. So many possibilities for cooked, cubed chicken.

Pesto-rama: slather chicken with 1/4 cup pesto. I used more. Roast as usual. 425 degrees, 1 hour for a 3 lb chicken. Allow 10 minutes for each half pound. Baste every half an hour.

Italian Herb Oil: 3 T olive oil, 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 2 T finely chopped herbs such as thyme, oregano, parsley or basil (or 2-3 tsp dried herbs)

I used a combination of thyme, oregano, and Italian parsley. The parsley was store-bought. I used fresh herbs from my pots!

 

I'm hoping to get my husband on board with these chickens when I go back to work in the fall. He works from home and it would be lovely if he could put a chicken in the oven at 4ish so I could just come home and do the sides!

No comments: