Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread Cake Balls

So my gingerbread balls chilled for a day in the fridge.  I decided to tackle them the next day with some red candy coating, though I don't think it's very red.  I also neglected to see that I don't have Christmas sprinkles in the house.  I think I threw them all out last year because I questioned their age.  I made do with what I had.

So I have this nifty little chocolate melting pot now.  I used a Michael's 50% off coupon.

I had some fondue forks and used those to spear the balls temporarily to cover them with the melty chocolate.


I let most of it drip off and I tapped the side of the fork against the pot.  When it stopped dripping I carefully laid the balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet.



I added sprinkles before they dried.


And then after a quick five minutes in the freezer (when I was all done) they were set!  We each enjoyed two with a glass of milk.  Jim is my official taste tester.  He said they were good :)


My cake balls never formed perfect balls.  They were a little lumpy.  I guess I could have wet the crumbs a bit more to get them to really stick together.  I was happy with my first solo attempt though!


No comments: