Friday, December 30, 2011

Corn Dogs and Fried Cheese on Sticks

I don't know if deep frying is my thing.  It's not the healthiest but it was a worthwhile experiment and rare treat.

I made corn dogs and fried cheese on a stick!  I followed a recipe from the Pioneer Woman.  She knows what she's doing!  I thought we had a Fry Daddy (from Jim's bachelor days) but it must have gone the way of the Goodwill (or Disabled Vets) some time ago.  I don't have experience with deep oil so I looked up directions online and then saw all the fire warnings.  Eeeeek!  The fire extinguisher and baking soda (recommended) came out just in case!

Here are some of the corn dogs and pieces of pepper jack cheese and Colby jack.  The PW suggested using chopsticks but wooden skewers did the trick too.



I was able to use my new cast iron pot!  (Thanks Laura!)


He likes it!  He likes it!  (Shocking!)



The inside of the cheese balls.  Some were balls, some were sticks.  


So our final verdict?  I think I'll stick to state fair and carnival corn dogs.  These were good but a lot of worry.


No comments: