Sunday, December 18, 2011

Andes Peppermint Cupcakes

I don't get to participate in the office potluck on Tuesday so I decided to bring my cupcakes on Monday. The office staff can spread the (food) love on Monday AND Tuesday.

These are my favorite chocolate cake recipe (from the back of the Hershey's cocoa tin) with a bit of Mint Chocolate ganache in the middle and then finally the Peppermint Buttercream on top.  I meant to only tint the frosting with green but it ended up a bit brighter than I expected.  Ooops.  A little gel coloring goes a long ways...

Truly they are NOT as green as this picture.  Close though!


I'm never really a frosting girl so a little of this frosting would have been good for me.  It was very minty and very creamy.  The block of cream cheese really made a difference I think!  The ganache was barely noticeable.  I had issues with the squeeze bottle.  The recipe suggested using a squeeze bottle but I think that's a bad idea.  Too thick.  Pastry bag next time, for sure.


This green is really freaking me out!  I don't think I've ever really colored frosting.  Well, not since the blue cookie monsters.  I'm sure they'll get eaten, right?


No comments: