Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Quick Shrimp and Corn Soup



Wow, it's been a while! I've been cooking but nothing new. Certainly nothing blog worthy. This recipe is an old favorite. We love soups around here. When I first met Jim he didn't think a soup was a main course, that it couldn't possibly fill him up. I think the first soup I made for him was the Salsa & Meatball soup (Albondigas) and after that he was convinced. This soup is an easy meal to put together. I've cheated with this recipe and used cooked shrimp, not because it's hard to cook with raw shrimp but because well, I don't know.

I kind of consider this recipe cheating (raw shrimp or not) because it's using a bunch of canned foods. Canned tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, creamed corn, etc. I usually don't use a lot of canned or processed foods in recipes. Well, it's good. I don't want to say it's not!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Quick Shrimp and Corn Soup. This recipe was originally from Cooking Light but I found it on another website.

No comments: