Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cauliflower Soup with bacon and cheese




YUM YUM!
There really isn't a recipe. I found this "recipe" on another blog but it didn't have exact amounts of ingredients or anything. It's more of an idea of what to do for the soup.

  1. Steam cauliflower, for approximately 20 minutes. I did half a head of cauliflower, thinking it would be plenty.
  2. Blend the cauliflower with chicken broth. (I used about 16 oz or 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.)
  3. Season with salt and pepper. I added a little cayenne pepper, I don't know why.
  4. Serve with small amounts of shredded cheese and bacon. (4 soup servings = 4 strips of bacon)

So it wasn't plenty. We loved the soup and it was more like side dish servings for 4 so I steamed the other half of the cauliflower and made more soup! It tastes creamy but without cream/milk which is GOOD for WW.

Each serving was only 2 Weight Watcher points, that includes the 1 strip of bacon and 2 T of RF cheddar cheese for each serving!

1 comment:

Serene said...

That looks really good!