Saturday, July 13, 2013

Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, and Chili

I saw the recipe for these biscuits on Pinterest, but they are taste tested by my favorite blogger (Brown Eyed Baker) so I knew they would be good!

The verdict? Duh! My husband and even my small child loved them! They are quick and easy, and will definitely be made again and again. I just hope they don't replace my beloved cornbread when it's chili making time..

This is my instagram picture, titled: Life is good. Chili in my Chococat bowl, Sweet Child of Vine Fulton beer, and a copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit.

 

Drop biscuits. Good and easy!

 

Click here for the stolen recipe for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

And because I've never really posted my chili recipe, here it goes from memory... It is a South Beach recipe from long ago. I want to say that I got it from a message board, which is why I haven't been able to find it online anywhere now. It might not be the most authentic, true chili but it is darn good and healthy.

Chili

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 bell peppers, any color, chopped (I usually do a green and a yellow/red)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lb ground beef (these days we substitute lean ground turkey)
  • 15 oz tomato sauce
  • 1 can tomatoes with green chiles
  • 1 can black beans (I use Bush's reduced sodium), drained and rinsed
  • 1 can light or dark kidney beans (I use Bush's reduced sodium), drained and rinsed
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic and cook until softened. Add the ground meat and cook until there is no pink left.
  2. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
  3. Add dollops of sour cream, shredded cheddar, and any other toppings that you enjoy!

 

No comments: