Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pad Thai

It was my first time making this! And because we love all things Thai I definitely want a good recipe in my repertoire!

 

This was a very easy dish to make. So easy that I got a little frazzled in the kitchen, keeping up with the few quick and easy steps and then trying to figure out our other parts of dinner time (James' sides, setting the table, calling the boys to dinner, etc.) I should have done all that other stuff and then started the cooking. Lesson learned! This comes together pretty quickly.

I made one substitution (as suggested by the blogger), using lime juice instead of the tamarind paste. I just could not find it in my local Cub or Target stores. Darn. The sauce was still spicy sweet and flavorful. I'd be curious to find the tamarind paste and see if it improves it. Hmmm.

I do like to stay true to good recipes but I think next time I would add vegetables. Or maybe serve a vegetable on the side?

Dear Jim's verdict was that it was "very good". He said it twice so he meant it! He also said that it reminded him of sweet and sour. We are keeping this recipe and adding it our rotation. Yay!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Pad Thai.

 

No comments: