Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars

I've fallen out of blogging. I've been cooking but everything's been on repeat.

I felt like baking today though! I also wanted to make a little something for a gift.

I had to revise the original recipe because I couldn't find chocolate graham crackers at both stores I went to today. I could have used Oreos but I didn't feel like dirtying my food processor. Graham cracker crumbs come nice and easy in a box, all ready.

The first piece is always messy looking, so just picture these a bit neater and precise. And then imagine that piece inhaled, because that's what I did with a glass of milk.

Do you know why I often make cupcakes and not other impressive desserts? You can taste test cupcakes! You can't taste test a 3 layer cake! Bars are also my friend. We can cut into them, enjoy a taste, and then I can cut up the rest and put them on a pretty plate.

These cheesecake bars are not overly sweet. The peanut butter is subtle. The chocolate glaze is a nice crackle of sweetness on top. So yes, they are good!

Click here for the stolen recipe for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars.

 

No comments: