Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca

The fancy, edited picture.


The ordinary picture.


Watermelon is on sale at Cub. A nice man in the produce department helped me pick out a melon. He did good. I knew I wanted to puree watermelon and freeze it into cubes but I can't find my ice cube trays. Darn.

I also have my basil plants that needed to be trimmed, especially before the intense heat dries them out. Pine nuts are extremely expensive right now, so pesto needs to wait. I found this recipe just doing an online search for "watermelon agua fresca". How nice to use up (some of) my watermelon and basil.

I think I would make this without the basil next time, just to make the it the traditional way. But this is pretty yummy. It will be pretty refreshing tomorrow when my friend Sara and I are working here at my house. (We're doing school work.)

No comments: