Saturday, April 9, 2011

Salted Caramel Rice Krispy Treats



These look like ordinary rice krispy treats BUT they have 1/2 cup of my most favorite salted caramel sauce mixed in. I told myself that I "had to" make these because I have rice krispies just sitting in my pantry, it would be wasteful to let them spoil. And then I had all the ingredients for salted caramel sauce (butter, cream, salt, sugar), so everything just lined up juuuuust right.


These made me happy today. After a long week it was either make these krispy treats or make myself five drinks (one for each day of the work week). For realz. I did have a dream of making salted caramel ice cream, but I'm still looking around for THE BEST recipe. Soon.


So I did use my favorite salted caramel sauce recipe. I guess I've only made TWO ever, but this was the best of the two. If it ain't broke...


Click here for the stolen recipe for Salted Caramel Rice Krispy Treats.

No comments: