Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Custards



I've made these delicious little desserts before. I have a recipe printed out from my dear BFF Christa. The recipe is at the bottom of an email that she wrote to me on November 5, 2006. She tells me how excited she is for me and how she can't stop thinking about me! It was the day before I was to have James :) :) :) It's a good memory, thinking about how exciting that time was. He's such a big boy now.


This recipe does not have a link then, so I'm typing it out below. It is a very simple recipe that tastes of crustless pumpkin pie. Mmmmm. I don't mess around when it comes to pumpkin!


Pumpkin Spice Custards, makes 8 individual desserts


3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/8 tsp nutmeg

2 large eggs

1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 can (12 oz) evaporated fat free milk (or you can use full fat)


Directions: Preheat over to 300 degrees. Mix sugar and all spices in a small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, and sugar-spice mix. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into eight lightly greased 6-oz ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake for 55 minutes or until knife inserted in custard halfway between center and edge of ramekin comes out almost clean. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with dollop of light whipped cream, if desired.

No comments: