Saturday, August 7, 2010

Spaceship Theme


This lunch was a little heavy on the fruit but it's been our constant around here. James LOVES LOVES his grapes. And the cute little mandarin oranges. I made these little star shaped tortilla "sandwiches" with turkey and American cheese. I found out that James doesn't really care for the cheese? Weird. I am sort of glad- I've always found American cheese to taste really artificial, except in grilled cheese sandwiches. Mmmmm.

I just LOVE the little cutters that James' Tia Kristina sent over from Japan. I'm finding them so handy and fun for James. I've given him a slice of cheese and the little cutter shapes and he loves to cut them too. I cute all of these and put them on the edge of his plate. He ate only the tortilla shapes. I know that next time I should use sliced cheddar. The stars? He took a few bites. Progress :)

No comments: